With the countdown to the May local elections which will see all positions on Salford Council as well as City Mayor and Manchester Metro Mayor up for grabs, Salford Council has given details of its online briefing events available to prospective candidates and their agents.
They will provide information on the nomination process and key dates as well as covering recent legislative changes and how we will ensure the safety of staff, candidates and voters.
Following the electoral boundary review back in 2019, Salford City Council will be made up of 60 councillors representing 20 newly arranged wards at the elections being held on Thursday 6 May 2021.
This means that ALL 60 seats will become vacant for the May 2021 local elections.
If you would like to attend one of these briefing sessions, please email the elections team on email@example.com stating whether you are a candidate or an agent (or both) and which briefing you would like to attend. You will then be sent a Microsoft Teams link for the briefing.
Dates available are as follows:
- Wednesday 17 March 6pm to 8pm: Pre-nomination Local Election Candidates (same briefing as 22 March)
- Thursday 18 March 6pm to 8pm: Pre-nomination Mayoral Election candidates
- Monday 22 March 6pm to 8pm: Pre-nomination Local Election Candidates (same briefing as 17 March)
- Tuesday 13 April 6pm to 8pm: Post-nomination Local Election Candidates (same briefing as 19 April)
- Thursday 15 April 6pm to 8pm: Post-nomination Mayoral Election Candidates
- Monday 19 April 6pm to 8pm: Post-nomination Local Election Candidates (same briefing as 13 April)