Jump to content
salford.media
                              At The Heart Of The City




FIVE CHILDREN AND THEIR MOTHER ARE TREATED AT HOSPITAL AFTER BEING RESCUED AFTER A FIRE TORE THROUGH THEIR HOME

Local News

Fire crews were called at around 1:40pm this afternoon after reports of a fire at a housing on Wellington Street East, Broughton, in the heart of Salford's Jewish community.

What is thought to be the mother and two of her children managed to escape and alert the authorities, three other children at the property were rescued by fire crews shortly afterwards and taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation as a precaution.

Fortunately no one was seriously injured in the blaze and fire service personnel believe the fire was started either accidentally in the kitchen or due to an electrical fault such as an overloaded plug socket.

Firefighters fought hard to ensure the fire did not spread to other properties and are said to have contained and extinguished it quickly.




KARL



GOT A STORY OR A PRESS RELEASE?

TELEPHONE: 0161 820 1411

EMAIL: NEWSDESK@SALFORD.MEDIA

  Report Article

  Comments


  • SALFORD WEATHER
  • supportlinks.gif

  • GOT A STORY OR A PRESS RELEASE?

    TELEPHONE: 0161 820 1411

    EMAIL: NEWSDESK@SALFORD.MEDIA




Do you have a news tip, firsthand account, information or photos about a news story to pass along to our editors? Contact us on 0161 8202411 or mail us at newsdesk@salford.media or use our contact form link below.

About Us

We are an independent, community led, not for profit, local news website ran by the people of Salford for the City of Salford









These materials may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission. ©2020 salford.media - All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.
×